Sunday, May 23, 2010

Why I Write Fantasy - Heather Kuehl





Welcome Heather Kuehl, creator of kick-ass female fantasy heroines.

Amber: Why do you Write Fantasy?

Heather:
Fantasy was the first genre to actually gain my full attention. I enjoyed the sword and sorcery and I fell in love with the fact that anything could happen. In a fantasy world nothing is final, not even death. Love is true and it lasts forever, sometimes even transcending time. To me, there’s nothing better

Amber: Why do readers love fantasy?

Heather:
I was a reader long before I was a writer, and for me it was the escape. I needed to get away from the stress of everyday life and into a world of magic. What better way to relax than to curl up on the couch with a fantastic book about far off places and dazzling spells.

Amber: Would you write fantasy even if no one read it?

Heather:
Of course! I think I’d go insane and suffer from multiple personality disorder if I didn’t have the ability to write. I have so many people going on adventures in my head, and writing seems to be the only way to get them to shut up.

Amber: One of your books is described as "kick-ass. What’s the lure of the kick-ass paranormal heroine?

Heather:
The loudest voice in my head would have to be Sarah Vargas from FADE TO BLACK. She’s a kick-ass bounty hunter whose sole purpose in life is to kill the werewolf that changed her. It was so fun writing her, because she’s tough. No one can push her around and tell her what to do, and I wish I was just like her. I think that’s what makes tough paranormal heroines so enticing; they have the snappy comebacks and live exciting lives with gorgeous men and women. What person wouldn’t want that?

Heather Kuehl is the author of FADE TO BLACK and PROMISES TO KEEP, as well as numerous short stores. 

Dawn from Love Romances and More said that "Fade To Black is one kick butt action-adventure ride from start to finish."

Her latest release, PROMISES TO KEEP, is available in ebook format from Eternal Press (www.eternalpress.biz) and print copies will become available soon at Amazon.com.


Follow her on Twitter (@heatherkuehl) 
or on her Facebook Fan Page.

Heather's Contest!
Leave a comment before May 30th.
A random commenter wins a .pdf of PROMISES TO KEEP!
Contest Closed/
Congratulations Dana!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Heather,
    Love to read about kick-ass heroines. Terrific escape fare.
    Great post. Keep the heroines coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview, Heather. I, too, have multiple characters in my head, hounding me to tell their stories. A wonderful feeling. =) Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather! Interesting tidbit there about Sarah's main purpose in life being revenge. I'm curious to know how that works out...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey everyone! Thanks for the wonderful comments. Kelly, FADE TO BLACK will take care of that curiousity for you. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Heather for visiting. Hope you all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to Dana Davis! You are the lucky commenter and the winner of PROMISES TO KEEP. *cheers* Your prize has been sent to the email addy you have listed with Blogger.

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete