Monday, August 19, 2013

Walk into a Romance Novel Fantasy World.



Highlights from The Romance Novel Convention,
Las Vegas -  August 2013.



Everyone had the chance to rub shoulders with romance authors from every genre (NYT Best-selling to just published) and male cover models to get inspiration for that next book to read or write.

Lectures brought attendees the latest trends in the world of romance literature. Mark Coker founder of Smashwords presented as well as talent from all aspects of indie publishing.

The Costume Ball was glorious.



Jimmy Thomas and Amber Polo




 Almost everyone was outfitted in costume. From kilt to komono, every imaginable genre was represented. A costume rental room was available for last minute transformations into the romantic heroine or hero off your choice. 

   
 V.S. Nelson’s wedding ceremony added to the romance.

   

 
Jennifer's hero
Some authors hosted parties. I was lucky to win Jennifer Ashley’s grand prize bag filled with tons of books, bangles, and an ARC of “The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie,” due to be published Oct. 1.(I am thoroughly enjoying every page.)

Coming Oct. 1 2013

A room full of swag! Every imaginable giveaway. And the magnificent Raffle Baskets were on display. 
My swag space was stocked with free books and dog biscuits for attendees to take home to those best friends who couldn’t come along.



A Book Fair filled with authors, books and more books...
Morgan Kearns


Rhonda Plumhoff and Morgan Kearns















The formal Awards Ceremony, with true Vegas style included magic and quick change performances. Only one thing that would have made this evening more fun, if I would have have left with the gorgeous trophy for Best Paranormal Novel. Still I was thrilled and honored to see my photo and the “Released” cover on the big screen as a finalist.



Jimmy Thomas’ photographer Bruce Heinsius took head shots. I had a chance for photos by the man who photographed Charlie Sheen, John Voight, and some of Jimmy’s thousands of book cover images. Can’t wait to see the results!



More – the meal package was great and restaurants in the Golden Nugget wonderful. Favorites – ahi tuna at the Chart House and ginger crèam brulee at the Lillie’s Asian Cuisine. Plus a Starbucks and a little chocolate shop.




Grand finale evening featuring the four Mr. Casanova contenders.
Shawn, the tall Suitor won!
 

I also used the Vegas desert to research sharks for a new book and visited the Shark Tank Tour at the Golden Nugget and the Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay

  Writers and Readers, put RNC on your calendar for 2014!

 More photos on Facebook

 


7 comments:

  1. Love the pictures. I hadn't heard about this convention. Great info.
    Have a fabulous day! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wish I could have been there! Looks like a blast. I hope to attend next year. Crossing my fingers I hit the lotto so I can afford all of the conferences I want to attend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos. Looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great chatting with you at the conference. Hope to see you at Desert Dreams :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to all for the comments. Yes, sometimes writers need to pry themselves away from writing and walk into a fantasy world. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures, I'm so jealous, especially of you standing next to Jimmy Thomas! I'd love to have been able to attend - but I'm glad you had such a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete